A gluten-free blog about the life of a celiac in college (and now grad school). Full of personal stories about life with celiac disease and fibromyalgia; gluten free, vegan and paleo recipes; and product and restaurant reviews. Plus, reflects on body image, dating and more with a chronic illness!
When you're moving out of California in one month, you come up with a lot of bucket list activities. Staying in a beach cottage. Starting my first "job." And, in this last week, exploring Disneyland for the final time!
Keep your eyes out (and Internet browsers open) for a full review of restaurants and the Disney experience. Until then, here's a peek at the first 16 thoughts a celiac has at Disneyland!
In front of the castle!
1. Welcome to the happiest place on Earth...bring out the gluten free treats!
2. All I can smell is sugar. Anyone ever heard of death by churro?
3. These shoes were made for walkin'...and walkin'...and walkin...
A lot of walking...
4. *Insert oohs and ahhs during the Pirates of the Carribean and Haunted Mansion rides*
5. Back to walkin'...a little window shoppin'...then more walkin'.
6. Lunch time at Tortilla Jo's! Can I talk to the chef, por favor?
THE. BEST. EVER!
7. Gluten free enchiladas? Me gusta mucho.
8. *Prays to the gluten free gods to bless me with a celiac-safe meal*
9. *Struggle to choose between stuffing myself and gushing over how good it tastes*
10. Last round of walkin'...and enjoying rides...and lots of photographs.
Camera shots (and collage skills) from Dad!
11. *insert screams echoing from the Indiana Jones ride*
12. Thinks: I know that cafe has gluten free food...to stop and drool even though I'm not hungry, or to initiate operation escape crowds in hotel room?
13. The dessert shop has gluten free cookies? SCORE!
14. *sneakily photographs the cafe sign, gluten free shelves and cookie bags* Food blogger problems.
15. Time to collapse in the hotel room...and snack on yogurt, fruit and homemade granola before bed.
16. A dream is a wish your heart makes...or your stomach, in my case. I fall asleep dreaming of the gluten free goodies and adventures to come!
Perfect pillows for dreamin'!
And that's a wrap of a few thoughts from day one (productively written while standing in line for Space Mountain). Cue another day full of Disney magic!