29 Questions: Random Facts About This Quirky Celiac
Today, though, I thought I'd talk about something a little different: erhm, me. I saw this 29-question survey at Daily Moves and Grooves and loved the idea of sharing some random tidbits about me with y'all. So, here's a peek into this celiac's brain lately - plus a few facts I've never written about. And, of course, I hope you play along with me in the comment section!
1. Who are you named after? My parents chose "Casey" for the meaning - "spirited" - instead of any family ties. (Apparently, I loved kicking when I was in Mom's belly. I've never had a rebellious stage, so maybe I got over it in utero?) My middle name of "Lynn," though, also is my mom's...which gives us the same "CLC" initials.
2. Last time you cried? Monday afternoon after I received my sixth grad school rejection (this time from Oregon State University). I have four more schools to go...keeping my fingers crossed!
3. Do you like your handwriting? Yep. It used to be extremely tiny before I broke my right (writing) hand in sixth grade. Now, it's still small but more legible.
|My latest addiction...|
4. Favorite ice cream? I love banana ice cream, but you can't go wrong with So Delicious's cashew ice creams either...especially salted caramel. (Duh).
5. Do you still have your tonsils? Yep.
6. Would you bungee jump? 98% no. Hang gliding, I'm totally down for though.
7. What color shirt are you wearing? My "Living Gluten Free to Live" black and blue shirt!
8. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Not if I don't have to.
9. Do you think you’re strong? Hell yes.
10.What is your favorite lunch meat? I'm actually not a huge lunch meat person anymore (finding certified GF brands was too annoying). But I used to like grilled ham and cheese sandwiches!
11. What is the first thing you notice about a person? Smile.
12. Football or baseball? Football. "Casey at bat" gets old real quick when you can't hit the freakin' ball.
|Me - freshman year of high school! - at my first and only football game...|
13. What color pants are you wearing? Blue dotted pajama pants. (So stylish, I know.)
14. Last thing you ate? I'm presently snacking on So Delicious vanilla (unsweetened) yogurt with homemade granola, sunbutter, prunes, banana and blackstrap molasses.
15. What are you listening to? The Next Food Network Star on YouTube.
16. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? White. I may not catch your attention at first glance but, in the right environment, I can be one heck of a surprise.
17. Favorite smell? Vanilla.
18. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? My friend Chris from college.
19. Married? Heck no. Although "ring by spring" is in full swing (rhyme unintended) back at PLNU (where I just graduated from). The weekend before Valentine's Day, four student couples got engaged...
20. Hair color? Brown with a few blond highlights from the sun.
21. Eye color? Gray. (Technically blue on the outside and brown closer to the pupil. Mom and Dad's genes still fighting it out).
22. Favorite food to eat? Sooooo many. Like figs, chickpeas, avocado, granola, sunbutter and potatoes...to name a few.
|Having a bunch of them at the same time? Even better!|
23. Scary movies or happy endings? No sad endings allowed, though I do enjoy a good thriller.
24. Last movie you watched? Night at the Museum 3, Secret of the Tomb. One of my fam's favorite series.
25. What is your favorite kind of cereal? I'm presently munching on Qui'a's Cacao Coconut Superflakes (made with black beans!) so I'd say I'm a fan. Pre-celiac, I was addicted to Branflakes. Like multiple-bowls-a-day addicted...and I still crave them from time to time!
26. Favorite holiday? Christmas, mainly because of all the festive buildup weeks before.
27. Beer or wine? Neither. I had my first and only alcoholic drink (or, to be exact, a few sips of one) a few weeks after my 21st birthday. It was fine, but drinking isn't my thang.
|Apparently getting a "first time carded" photo is a thing...|
29. Favorite day of the week? Sunday. Even though I don't go to church regularly, Sunday is still my day to rest, relax and enjoy plenty of self care.
So there you have it! No fancy conclusion today, just an invitation. Comment below with your own answers to one or two of these questions - or more if you feel like it! What's a better way of kicking off the weekend than making some new (virtual) friends?
*Also found at Flaunt it Friday*