Dipping Delights with Foster Farms

I often feel like the more structured my life  becomes, the more deconstructed my food ends up! Now that I'm back at school, I rarely have time to make a formal lunch. My solution? Embracing a single-person buffet full of sides, leafy greens, and, of course, dips.

And nothing inspires some new dip recipes like a couple boxes of Foster Farms gluten free corn dogs in my freezer! (The benefits, my roommates say, of living with a celiac blogger).  

Dipping party material!
I've shared a couple of my go-to dips in the past (hello seed stuffed pesto and creamy radish greens sauce) - and trust me, these green beauties compliment every kind of meal. With limited greens in the fridge and a hankering for something different to sink my teeth (or sweet potato rounds and corn dogs!) in, though, I ended up on the golden road. 

Which left me with mustard's a spicy curry cousin. AKA, the perfect counterbalance to sweet breaded corn dogs. Addiction, nearly guaranteed.

Perfect fall treat!
To get started, gather up a few simple ingredients:

Spicy Curry Mustard Dip:
(1 small serving)

1 TBSP coconut milk
little less than 1/8 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp mustard powder 
Sprinkle of turmeric
Sprinkle of oregano


The best thing about this recipe? It's five minutes from desired to done! I just stirred all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, but for an even smoother sauce, toss this in a small blender and give it a few whirls. Some important tips to remember:

This baby can overdo the heat factor easily! To make sure you don't overpower your taste buds, start out with less curry and mustard powder and keep adding small amounts until you get it right. If you add too much (like I did a couple times, I'll admit!), lower the heat by adding more coconut milk. For the creamiest, thickest texture, try using coconut cream instead of just the milk. (Coconut cream can be bought separately or made by refrigerating a coconut milk can upside down overnight and scraping off the cream).


Dipping action!
As usual, this recipe is entirely customizable. Love cayenne? Chili powder? Thyme or even an avocado for extra creaminess? Throw them in the pot (or blender) and experiment away! 

As they are, this dips pack a tasty and a nutritional punch. In the curry dip, coconut milk provides healthy fats and a creamy consistency. Combined with curry powder and turmeric, which is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, this dip turns corn dogs into a comfort meal that would actually comfort the body. 

A few of my favorite things...
One thing is definite: you won't need to worry about figuring out how to eat these dips. On corn dogs, with homemade sweet potato wedges, poured over roasted veggies....The sky stomach is the limit! 

When life gets crazy (or goes to college!), organization can fall to the bottom of the to-do list. Luckily, with some delicious dips (and corn dogs for pairing), the messiest of meals are usually the tastiest!


*Also found at RunningwithSpoon's link party!*


*I received compensation for my role in Foster Farms' campaign, but all the opinions are my own.*


What's your favorite dipping sauce? How do your meals change between summer and school? Comment below! 


Comments

Popular Posts