Cooking with Maca and Spirulina: Tips and Tricks
First off, my favorite meal of the day...and my favorite version of it: the breakfast smoothie bowl. As I've shared before, spirulina adds a brilliant green (or slightly blue, depending on the brand you buy) color to nana ice cream. Feel free to check out the recipes I've already posted, but you can add spirulina to any of your favorite smoothies. Just be sure to add less than a teaspoon at a time; otherwise, you'll get an algae-like taste!
|Like my green smoothie granola!|
|Waffles (using Hold the Grain's recipe) work too!|
- Sweet Cacao Maca Protein Pizza: thanks to Casey Rose (awesome name, right?) from Whole and Healthy, you can eat pizza for breakfast - and get your hit of superfoods too!
- Spirulina Protein Crepes with Banana Ice Cream: add maca to the banana ice cream for a double-the-trouble superfood breakfast.
- Pumpkin Maca Protein Bars: since fall is just around the corner, what would be a better snack than protein bars spiked with maca for a major energy boost?
- Spirulina Chia Seed Pudding: for those mornings when you went a healthy dose of greens without any of the work!
- Buckwheat Banana Bread with Maca and Cacao Nibs: with the protein from the buckwheat and energy boost from the maca, bread for breakfast has never been so healthy...or delicious.
- Spirulina Ice Cream: for all of you ice cream addicts out there...
*Also found at Wine'd Down Wednesday, What's Cookin' Wednesday, VegetarianMama, Foodie Friday, Allergy Free Thursdays and Saucy Saturdays!*